Hide is perfect for beginners. It’s light and airtight and doesn’t need seasoning to keep it in condition. Perfect for the novice or the casual piper who can’t afford to maintain a rigorous practice regime.
- A hideskin pipe bag is best for the occasional player, or semi-retired piper, or for someone starting out to play the pipes.
- If you plan on practicing 3-4 times per week, you should consider goat or sheep skin pipe bags.
- You can expect the same tonal quality from a hide skin. However, there is a lesser window of optimum tonal quality – especially if you’re a wet blower. So a hide skin is perfect for dry blower.
- Hide skin can still take the moisture control system.
- A hide skin pipe bag does not require any seasoning – EVER.
All bags are made to order and have a waiting time of approx 7 days.